View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 03:54 PM   #185
Gary V

Re: 66 Pro Street Build (Domeringer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge View Post
Gary, I'm sorry about your sister passing away. Cancer is an awful way to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I'm very sorry to hear about your sister.....my condolences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Gary, I am sure you know that we are there for you, cancer is nobody's friend.

I have always found that getting on with something was my best therapy. So for my mum I built a large trailer and for my dad, I broke out a window and door in my garage and bricked part up and fitted a bigger doorway.

Celebrating someone's life is also a great way of dealing with the loss.

Your build is simply awesome, way beyond my simple attempts and abilities.

I will continue to watch your build quietly from the side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your sister. I understand, I have lost an Uncle, an Aunt and a Grandfather to cancer and have a good friend with terminal cancer now. It is hard are everyone. Just know that she is in a better place now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC View Post
Cancer has affected many of us brutha, my own mother is fighting that battle now.
My prayers to you and yours.
Still lovin your build.. still trying to find a solution for my own build in how to tie in my main hoop into the rear of the chassis. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax View Post
So sorry about your sister, cancer stinks!

I understand the motivation thing, keep moving forward, it's all we can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61_FL_Apache View Post
My thoughts are with you and your family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
I too am sorry to hear about your sister, we are all family when it comes down to things like this, lost my dad also to the same, missed but never forgotten.
Take care, appreciate the past and keep busy.
Rick/mudman.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the very kind condolences.

Keeping busy!

I had some 1 1/2 .06 wall stainless tube kicking around so used that for the column. Found some very NICE 7512 DLG surplus bearings on ebay for $24.00 shipped... made in USA. Just what I needed 3/4 ID X 1 1/2 OD.

Used some 1" 4130 .065 tube for the steering shaft and machined some stub ends to cap it off. Going to use 3/4 DD steering joints from Borgeson so machined the stub on one end for that and the other end for the Sweet steering quick disconnect.

Also bought some aluminum collars from McMaster Carr machined some flats and tapped them to mount the column. This thing is ready to spin at 3000 RPM LOL. Should get it mounted this weekend... still need to make an extension for the wheel to make it easier to get out of truck in case something happens. So far... less the Sweet disconnect I have about $80.00 invested in the column.

Gary

DOMERINGER BUILD
Gary V is offline   Reply With Quote