View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 11:47 PM   #117
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
You’re a good fabricator!
Thanks! I haven't done sheet metal work since middle school so we'll see how the trunk goes.

I got my brace cleaned up and painted and installed. Looks decent, almost fac-tree!

I decided to push forward with the engine install. I have a few things to do to get ready for it. First is to get the engine to the other side of the garage. Just barely enough room between the workbench and the Jimmy. My garage is a mess with clutter. Too many projects, parts, tools, junk, etc. And I need room for the hoist and to manipulate it. I pulled the cobra out of the garage and had the wife pull me around the driveway a couple times. Lol first drive! It actually was pretty cool but it'll be better under it's own power.

I put it back in nose first and it looks like I have plenty of room to work. So this week I need to make sure I have all the stuff done that I can't do once the engine and transmission are in. I've gone through the manuals and I have to check a few things, and put the driver side inner footbox panel in, find the ground strap, see if I put the FFR bracket on with the transmission mount, find the bellhousing bolts, make the engine lift bracket to fit, and probably other stuff I haven't thought of yet. Got a friend coming Saturday to help out and I want to get as much ready before then as I can. I don't know if I'll get it running before Thanksgiving but I'm going to keep plugging away at it.

BTW, quit my job Thursday (have notice), start a new job in early November! Better pay, more local work and less overnight trips! More work overall but I think it will be worth it to not spend as many nights in hotels. Like tonight for the third time this week.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote