View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #34
shaunatk

Re: LS swappers, post up your pics!!

5.3L and mockup transmission are finally mounted!

Here's the mounts we created. The chassis is 2003 S10, and the engine sits back about 8.5":

What it looks like when attached to the frame (using all existing threaded holes and stock S10 motor mounts)

Finally!

I have a re-worked harness, LS1 intake, fuel rails, injectors, and idler pulley relocation bracket. I have an un-tuned PCM. I bought a F-body oil pan and dipstick tube. I bought F-body manifolds (which aren't going to work either).

I still need all of the truck accessories and brackets. Also still need a starter. Also, I still need to cross my fingers, and hope that when we swap oil pans and check the bearings that everything looks ok. I still need an electric fan. I still need a 4L60E transmission (have a lead on one for $50, but needs rebuilt, will probably purchase soon). I assume that I'm going to need a MAF. Also need an air intake tube and filter.

This swap will nickle and dime you to death. Don't go into the swap thinking you're going to spend less than $1500. It's just not going to happen.

If anybody switched to a F-body or Vette accessory system, and still has the truck accessory drive that they want to sell, please send me a PM.

It's going to suck forking out the money for custom headers, but we don't see any way around it. We may try to make our own though...

Our next step is mounting the S10 steering column.

Last edited by shaunatk; 09-27-2010 at 01:36 PM.
shaunatk is offline   Reply With Quote