Thread: $hort Change
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 02:59 AM   #22
Westcoastpainter

Re: $hort Change

hey gents,

thanks for all the compliments! i just got hitched a little while ago so that was keeping me busy for a few weeks for sure. trying to put in work as much as possible. ordered my new wheels and tires. I'm stoked to put this set up on the ground! 22x8.5 and 22x9.5. u will have to check back to see the new shoes guys!!
i put the complete rear set up in with axel to set up my rear bags. needed to mock up to find ride height, then determine where to put my bag mounts on the rear axel. threw fittings in the rear sleeve bags and actually cycled the suspension. that was pretty neat to finally see some working parts!! then i set up my pan hard with my PB kit. this came with the rear extreme drop kit, now the bracket needs to be welded in the rear driver side notch, pretty much where the truck is at ride height, the bar should be level. my problem is i didn't have wheels on the axel. so we measured, mocked up and measured some more. MY buddy came by who has experience in bagged trucks and showed me the ropes, since I'm new to this all together. got it all sorted. tacked the large bracket in place, then blew it all apart again for final welding for bag mounts and the bracket to the notch. sure was a shame to grind my nice black paint but i knew it had to be done, ran outta time in the summer when i wanted to paint the frame.
i will blow in the back little spot and you won't see the difference! also i have pulled the axels in my 72 5 bolt posi, in order to assemble my 12" rear disc kit. mocked all that up. its the cpp BB kit and i modified it a little, not to use these large band clamps that come with it to hold a bracket to the axel that the rubber lines plug into and the hard lines join to. i will post a pic when its painted i promise! mocked all that up, pulled the diff cover, banged some dents out of it and filled the rust pits, primed it and painted it. now going to POR15 the axel and assemble it real soon i hope.
Also been working on my motor a bit. got my F body pan in from states, mocked all that up, put on the new windage tray and took the pan to work to prep to paint. painted my 6.0, Acc bracket, valve covers, now just have to get a new gasket and put it all together. xmas is getting in the way right now. ha.

ok @ c10Greg yes i am running the IN board bags with outboard shocks kit. weld in kit. not seeing many guys welding in their rear kits. anyways its so i can run a big wide rear wheel someday when i can afford 12' wide billets. for now i am running 22x9.5 wheels, 295/30/22
they're on their way here now.

@slowcpe
hows your PB chassis coming? i will have a look!
Westcoastpainter is offline   Reply With Quote