View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 12:44 AM   #131
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Some venting. Waiting for my painter to get motivated, we need to dry run the body. That said, I haven't pulled the trigger on the last bolt package yet I won't be using the same bolt twice Haven't spent a dime on my truck in months, but today I made up for it buying an NOS RH skirt fender. Shipping cost was more than a replacement fender, but I figure WTH, I've come this far.

It's a trying time man. My mother is dying of cancer, and going quickly. She beat it to **** for 20 years, breast and lung cancer. Now lung again and pancreas, she's done. You should see my mom, she's a remarkable woman.

My stepdad has dementia badly, and fadeing fast. He's 4 years older (88) than she, and he's waiting for her to die. They're polar opposites. My mom's brain is as sharp as can be. He's a marine and physically fantastic, even after smoking cigs since he was seven. Now he's having anger issues, a transition. I saw him blow four times this week. I spend a lot of time for them. The yard was a disaster, I've pulled five c20 truck loads, and there's three more to go. Fixed/installed this and that. Steep hill and neglected, I'm kind of worn out, it's hot out there

Mother is fighting against adopting hospice. Some of that is because she's intelligent, she knows the med. insurance business as well as anyone. She doesn't want to give up either, but she knows. My brother suggests putting my stepdad in a home right now, because he went off on him at super. He actually had it coming, that's what you get when you condescend the proud with moments of confidence and cognizance. Tough conversation, but doing my diligence pending.

And looks like I get not one but two German Shepard's. Can't wait for that, my ex-wife already drops our four dogs off every work day.......Ha!. Good thing I'm retired.

Edit, after all that looks like I get one German Shepard starting tomorrow. My step-dad has been abusing him.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 07-20-2019 at 02:06 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote