View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 11:52 PM   #136
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Thank you for kind words.

We all go through it for sure. 2011 was a real challenge, you wouldn't believe. We took a dozen or so on the chin. My son even more so, because someone swiped his very clean 80s 4-runner, and he spent 8 days in the hospital with cellulitis. No insurance and he missed the fishing boat.

To top it all off, New Years struck (2012), and soon after a guy in the road above my place was yelling into the valley. It was peculiar by itself, because the only animals yelling around here are coyotes and dogs........ I didn't know if to calm him down, offer a shoulder or have him arrested. That said it was fitting somehow, so I just stayed in the house while he continued for 10-15 minutes. His business, but it was clear 2011 was too much.

My mom's dog lives here now. Really, she says he adopted me. She's probably not wrong. He does well here, but my lab isn't happy about it. It will workout.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote