View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #592
Chulisohombre

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
It looks like God has the same feelings as you...

Yesterday I was going to a breakfast meet in Baton Rouge, I didn't even make it 5 miles once I got on the Interstate, before the MF-ing 700-R4 quit pulling in gear, any gear. My wife came with a tow strap and pulled me to the next exit. Then I went home and got everything to hook up the tow bar so that I could safely pull it home. After cleaning up the shop so that I could get the Blazer back in there, and figuring out that backing a vehicle on a tow bar is a horrible idea, I finally got it locked up in the shop.

Now I have a month before C10's in the Park and a bad trans. It looks like the SM465 is going back in with Chris' Bonneville gear set for a 8.5" 10-bolt... 2.56's baby! Wish me luck that I can get it done in time.
That sucks but I enjoy my gearbox much more. Hope you get er done.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote