View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 12:29 AM   #140
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Well my mom passed. That's a good thing, she's no longer in pain.

We're three busy boys right now. I call it therapeutic to extent. My brothers get too excited about things, you wouldn't believe. I watched one brother spin in circles complaining for many hours while "we" cleaned the garage today, which was heavy on mouse turds and hoarding. My brother is going through a lot, because my mother finally accomplished what she's desired for three plus decades. That's my brother tell his kids he has another daughter, and they finally meet. My brother has never met his daughter. She's included in the obituary, so he had no choice, and this was long past due. He has two beautiful daughters, and they look so much alike. On top of that our half sister died the day after my mom.

Word to the wise, Hospice and in-home care aren't worth a chit. In home didn't show for the interview. We thought we had things figured out, though they couldn't start for another two days. My mother passed a day earlier. Hospice showed with a hospital bed, morphine and a port-potty. During the week the RN checked on her once, a CNA gave her a bath, and they showed up to pronounce her gone. Then the RN showed up the next day and asks how my mom's doing. We recognized days before her passing it was all on us, so that's what we did.

We all go through these times, it's part of life. I figure if you can't recognize the bad it's not possible to recognize the good. Mom hasn't left any signals yet, but she will in time. I say that with great confidence.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 08-22-2019 at 12:36 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote