View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #73
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

I haven't been slacking, I've been busy!

I spent a couple days cleaning up the yard, I still can't believe how much crap the PO's left behind!

I also finally got my garage cleaned up some.

Another side project was this freezer. It was my wife's parents old freezer. It still works well, probably sucks a little extra juice, but it was free. I spent a little money on that peel and stick stainless steel stuff I saw used on HGTV and tried it out. It looks much better in the pics than in person, but that's only because the door and sides had a fair amount of scratches and dings. I tried to fill them in, but it wasn't perfect, but it does look OK. It's going in the little nook I created by closing up the wall in the kitchen anyway. Oh, the reason for the covering was the scratches and dents, but also because it was what I like to call the "classic 80's yellow" color, which I kind of despise

Edit: Found a pic of the freezer "as is." I originally tried to spray it black using "appliance paint" and the finish came out nice, but it really showed the waves, dings, and scratches which really made it look like crap, but the fake stainless steel stuff makes it look much less crappy.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 11-17-2009 at 12:39 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote