View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #19
bowat6969

Re: 1949 Chevy Truck "Don't Hate"!!

Quote:
GhostTown Re: 1949 Chevy Truck "Don't Hate"!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My opinion..... I think it could have been better if the cowling hadn't been stretched forward (although I'm sure you needed leg room), and that front suspension wasn't sticking way out in front. the rear suspension set up is pretty cool, though I'm not sold on the bed design. I'm not against rat rodding a trashed truck, I guess. The chop and laid back window are kinda cool.

I love the way these things look when they are slammed with no front fenders and hood, and no bed. They look like little pissed off race cars. In this case, it almost looks like too much effort was made to make the whole thing look "ratted and radical", chassis design wise.

I'm not trying to hate, as I admire your hard work. I simply figured I'd jump off the edge and be the first to give a little criticism.
Thanks for the input!! About the front cowl section, it is actually 3" longer than where the firewall was originally. I used the numbers from the old modelA's and did some mock-up before coming to what it is now. With the grille shell in place it brings the stretched look in closer. I actually have a pair of 1928 modelA front fenders that I had planned on using before coming up with the fenderless route.

Last edited by bowat6969; 02-19-2011 at 08:22 PM.
bowat6969 is offline   Reply With Quote