View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #91
jeffro2

Re: 67-72 4x4 Scaratchbuild

@ Dale, Its the only way for me to stay out of trouble. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmdz View Post
ok, well I'm subscribed. This is truly an art form. Amazing work here. That crew cab looks incredible.

Have you ever tried to make one of these with operable doors, tailgate and hood?

Has anyone made a shell of a small block chevy to cover the rc motor?

I'm still in awe of the fact that you're able to get the proportions so close without even having a full scale vehicle (or even another scaled down version) to take measurements from.
Thank you Mark ! I think the Crew Cab is everyone's favorite.

And to answer you questions..

Yes, I and a lot of others have experimented with opening doors, tailgates and hoods, but the problem for me or some of the other guys, is it takes away form the strength of the bodies, so you can't get as rough with them. Plus I'm lazy, I try to keep it simple most of the time and try to add other visual parts to help make them look as they do.

The company in this link has one, but I don't think its a chevy motor, it looks to have the distributor hole on the front of the intake manifold.

http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-110-V8-...ne_p_4175.html

I think I may have confused you on some of my trucks, not all are scratchbuilt. I think I have 5 or 6 of those, the rest are either store bought kits with a premade hard plastic body or I have chopped up 2 premade bodies to make a crew cab (the white one) or a van or a stretched cab.

And for examples of modified bodies. This was built in 2010.

I built a Chevy Van, and I believe its the only one of its kind in the world. There might be smaller ones, but this is 10th scale.. It started out like this..I used a grill and front fenders truck bed and window frame from a premade chevy 80's truck body

It has opening rear barn doors

And now..

This one is another modified chevy truck body, I needed a Suburban

I will add more stuff later if you are interested, time to do some work here

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote