View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 06:55 PM   #112
Beach-Burban

Re: 67-72 Suburban OE seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfinatsunset View Post
i picked up a 1968 k10 in decent shape. I have what i believe second and third row seats. Both seats measure 48.5' seat width and 50' with arm rest. From the seating diagram in this discussion i believe those measurement are correct. Can someone confirm that for me. I have both sets of second row brackets and third row brackets. Can someone confirm that too. Orginal seat belt placement, do the seats belts mount to the floor w/ the underside bracket or so they bolt to the seat bracket?
Love your "call-sign" srfinatsunset! I have the same set-up as you...your measurements are the same as mine! This picture shows how mine came from the factory...with two outer brackets and one seatbelt half attached to each bracket. The other four seatbelt half's on mine bolt directly through the wood floor into a brace with a factory welded nut...two seatbelt half's to each bolt. Mine also had the rubber end covers in place as shown. I have read that some seats have four brackets across the back side...and then the seatbelts bolt through the bracket, floor and into the welded nut...so I guess it depends on how many brackets yours came with?

Name:  IMG_1150.jpg
Views: 1611
Size:  53.1 KB

You also need four "hold-down" clamps and four bolts for the front tubular brackets...two for each seat...but they mount differently on the rear seat than they do on the center seat! The first "hold-down" picture shows the center seat with the clamps running in a "front to back" direction, where the second picture shows the rear seat clamp running in a "side to side" direction. The holes in your floor should line-up with a factory welded nut under the brace. I hope this helps?

Woody

Name:  IMG_1294.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1293.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  95.3 KB

Last edited by Beach-Burban; 12-18-2019 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Add picture
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote