View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: Interesting conversations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew.mcmullin View Post
How many of you have experienced something like this?

Random person walks up to you and says. That's a nice truck. I really like it. Is it for sale?

Me: Everything is for sale at the right price.

Random person: How much?

Me: $10,000 (insert your price here). Keep in mind that it is at a premium because that is the only way that I would ever sell this truck right now.

Random person: Are you kidding me?

Me: You asked. That's my price.

Random person: You're ___ing nuts!

Then I just drove away.
By that last remark asked for the response, "I didn't realize I was talking to an expert".

I like to tell people either, "Nope, this is my keeper" (because it is) or, "You are looking at a cowboy and his pony". I have never had a dollar amount spoken in either direction. If I get someone persistent after my initial comment I tell them, "If it was for sale it would have a sign in the window so people would know". I've also said to those who say "Everything's for sale" one of two things, "I love this truck more than money" or "I guess that's why you don't have one"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote