View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 08:06 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Been Driving A Sonoma

I talked to my friend on Sunday after he texted "might actually run again lol", speaking about my '95 Suburban. It's been at his place since January and I've been in the Sonoma all this time. I told him don't sweat it, take your time . We worked out a trade on the repair, me doing work on his house for him fixing blown head gasket. That was because it was January and he has a shop to work in. In the same text I asked, "How much for the Sonoma?", and he answered "Do you like it?". "I like it enough", and he gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. I'll be owning my first mini truck. It's a '99, so I'm still stuck in the 20th century, never having anything newer yet. I actually bought a new '99 ZR2 extended cab 5spd, but that was for my wife. I was hoping to end up with that one when she got her next vehicle, but she handed it off to my older son.

I really want a windowless fiberglass cap for it, so I can keep tools dry. Having an open bed has been a real challenge. I stopped by a place yesterday to inquire on availability of these and Leer still makes them. $2,600.00!!!!! I put a Leer cap with tinted windows, screens, and the faux liner on the ZR2 and it was $800. Holy cow! I used to buy Reading utility bodies for $1,500 new! (unpainted)

The Hokie rack on it now I built real quick for Spring Carlisle so I could stack tubs and throw a tarp over to sleep in the bed. It's still on there so I can haul a ladder or longer lumber. Once the Suburban is back, I'm done with that rack. I need to find a used, hopefully windowless, cap. Then come the wheels and lowering

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote