View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #22
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 1997 Lexus LX450 build

Update…

Had a few hours this last weekend to work on the project… Started by getting the Transmission shifter installed. I used a cable and some homemade brackets to connect the LX450 shifter and the 4L60e. It worked out well, I do not have it set up to manually go into 1st gear, I doubt I will ever need that functionality, but if I do I will address the problem then. Also the custom mount I made for the Transfer case shifter worked out prefect.

You can see the three bolts and fender washers for the shifter end of the shift cable in this picture.

I didn’t get any picture of the bracket. I will try to getting something later.
Sub-woofer going back in.

Console in place

All the wiring completed under the passenger side dash (expect the Tach signal convertor.. still waiting on it.

Seats installed.. Finished up under the driver’s side dash as well (except for the gas pedal)

Started working on the Air Intake system

I also got the wiring connected to the stock fuel pump and it appears to have plenty of pressure for the 5.3.. not sure about the volume yet, but I am going to give it a try. I am running the stock FJ62 pump on my 88 land cruiser with the same engine… and it has been fine for over 33000 miles.. and I drive it hard, so maybe we will get lucky.

Hopefully I can get back on this in the next few days… Below is a high level punch list that I need to complete.
• Install Tach Signal Convertor
• Modify and Install DBW pedal
• Install new gear on Passenger power seat.. It is stripped out.
• Exhaust
o Considering swapping out the block hugger headers for Hooker cast iron manifolds.
o Need to decide if I am going to do the exhaust system, or have it custom bent for me.. leaning toward custom bent
o Going to use magnaflow 2 in to 2 x-pipe muffler
• Install lift kit going with 3 inch leveling kit – This is needed for the 4l60e/driveshaft clearance
o New brake lines
• Install plug wires
• Install O2 sensors
• Finish up the air intake system
• Brake booster hose
• Modify OBDII port to allow the fuse box cover to work with my ScanGauge
• Install rear seats and the rest of the interior
• Figure out what I am going to do about tires.. Leaning toward 315/75/16 or 295/75/16 tires on the stock wheels.. not sure about the width of the tire to wheel. Thought about 255/85/16, but tough to find and might be to skinny…
• Re-check every bolt on the drive system

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote