View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #830
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Mickey has me figured out.

This morning he was playing outside.....

Making a load of noise.

I just spent £10.00 and bought the noise for the Rezin Rockit

So @glenanderson brought over his restored Land Rover front screen frame yesterday for me to use as a lighter than glazed mock up item.

They attach with a bolt either side of the cab, and are held in place a Y-shaped plate and nut either side

He brought me a drivers side item, with wing nut for quick release, which left me needing a passenger side item.

My current plan is to create a single unit, like a Twin Lilly on a stalk to hold both the bolt and retainer plate, and then to bolt down the side, incorporating both of the door hinges and a backing plate insure the body down from the A-pillar. This should give enough strength to hold and sustain the window frame once glazed.

The plan is also to add a wedge of very high density foam under the screen, as it is done on the Land Rover to increase the slope rearward.

This will automatically lower the screen some more visually.

So this morning I posted a request for a plate to buy on various forums, as well as on my general FB home page.

Within half and hour, my buddy Ricky, who bought the Chrome Smoothies off the C10 Chevy just over 5 years ago, contacted me nd said he would investigate a lead he had.

An hour ago he messaged that he had been given one as it was a ‘useless part” that would never be sold, and it would be in the post next week.

So we have one passenger side plate now. Need to get a nice wing nut to add for finger control.

Karma?
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote