View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #16
vectorit
What?

Re: Need advise on buying truck/car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I owned two of them ,,first one 1982 I bought brand new 22r 4/4 long box..about 14-15 city / 17-19 highway ,,empty or loaded..

I doubt you will find one anymore with anything close to low mileage though.. I really liked mine ,tough as nails ,only problem after about 10 years was hydrolic clutch went out almost made me run a stop light before killing the engine..

It was terrible on my back ,,had to use a pillow ..had no problem selling it ..and the second one I bought {1983} owned for about two years ,,a guy on cragslist came from Hiwawii and bought and shipped it home with him,,so i'd say they are well liked..hope you find one in good shape like I did my second one.. I got it in Sacremento ..
I have owned the SR5 Long bed HiLux '83, '87 4runner, '97 Tacoma, and the one I have now an '02 Tacoma.

Drove the crap out the 83... That truck was the best, and I ended up selling it to missionaries from South America so that they can do their missionary work in the jungles. Truck had close to 200k on the clock, and had a blown head gasket. The mechanic they brought with them verified that he could fix it for them for nothing, and I sold it for three quarters what I paid for it 10 years earlier!
The early 4runners are neat looking, but they were a pain in the but for me. Traded the '87 in on a '97 Taco 4x4, v6, 5spd, xtracab, man that was a hot rod of a small pickup! Bought it used for 6k, sold it for 6,500 hundred.
My current '02 Taco I bought new, and I see them selling for only 5 grand less than what I paid for it new!
These trucks really hold their value, especially if they are and SR5/TRD.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote