View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #20
hdff

Re: Alternator wiring GM CS130

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Ah, I understand. If it's keeping the engine cool then you should be OK. I would be surprised if the CS130 does not provide plenty of power for the fans. How can you tell that your 65 amp alternator is not enough for the fans? Are you getting some sort of malfunction or symptom?
I was charging the air conditioner the other day and the fans were running, with the fans running and the engine idling the voltmeter was down to around 11. While I was charging the air conditioner and I was about done The fans went off which I found to be that there was not enough juice in the battery to keep them running because the whole time I was charging the ac the battery was discharging.
If I could find a stock fan and shroud I would consider swapping back. I think thePO was trying to make it a show truck and the electric fans made it cleaner.

Keith

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote