View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:13 AM   #21
hdff

Re: Alternator wiring GM CS130

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Regarding the source of the alternator, I recommend getting the store brand rebuilt alternator from O'Reilly that comes with a lifetime warranty. The one I got from them has Remy USA embossed in the case, so it gives me a little confidence. I got a CS144 and put a v-belt pully on it. I probably over-bought on the alternator since I don't need the big one, but I was enthusiastic at the time. I would probably use the CS130 if doing it again, but considering the CS130's reputation for bearing going out I would definitely want a lifetime warranty one.

The stock wiring has a 10DN connector at the alternator. The adapter with resistor you show is what I have, I recommend it. I have the wiring like VetteVet shows in the diagram above, except I do have connectors and adapters creating that wiring. I plan to neaten that up by completely removing the wiring to the regulator area and spicing the alternator plug directly into the wiring with soldered connections and heat shrink tubing. I think it will be better than using male to female plug adapters like I have it now.

I would imagine it is enough to run electric fans. Just curious, why do you have electric fans? The most efficient setup is with thermal clutch, mechanical fan, and shroud.
Other than the pulley did you have to make any other modifications to the bracket using the cs144??? With the bearing issues I am considering going with the CS 144, I saw someone mentioned that a 93 Chevy Cheyenne with a heavy duty alternator would be the proper alternator to use. Also a friend of mine told me he ran the positive main wire from the alternator to the hot side of the starter solenoid . Where are the big wire from the battery comes down, have you ever heard of that and would that work.

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote