View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #22
dmjlambert

Re: Alternator wiring GM CS130

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdff View Post
Other than the pulley did you have to make any other modifications to the bracket using the cs144??? With the bearing issues I am considering going with the CS 144, I saw someone mentioned that a 93 Chevy Cheyenne with a heavy duty alternator would be the proper alternator to use. Also a friend of mine told me he ran the positive main wire from the alternator to the hot side of the starter solenoid . Where are the big wire from the battery comes down, have you ever heard of that and would that work.
I had to file the slot on the top bracket to be slightly wider, to take the larger screw with metric threads. I ran connected the stock main wire that goes to the taped junction by the driver side headlight.

If I were running heavy draw accessories, I would run a separate 10 gauge wire to a junction block on the driver side fender, similar to the junction block on the passenger side fender by the battery. In my re-wired configuration that is what I will do. I will have a 6 inch 14 gauge fusible link attached to the 10 gauge wire, and a 6 inch 16 gauge fusible link attached to the stock 12 gauge wire. At the alternator junction block on the driver side fender, any wires I attach there that are smaller than 10 gauge will get their own appropriate smaller gauge fusible link (2 wire sizes smaller or 4 gauge numbers greater).

I don't see any value in running any extra wires to the starter solenoid, and that would interfere with my plan to continue using the stock ammeter on the dash.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote