View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 01:05 PM   #88
daveshilling

Re: 1958 Apache Big Window Loooooong Bed "Lucky"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
Looks solid.
If its fabled up, mounted and done why change it?
When I get to a place in a build like you have I just make a list of things to do. Pick something and work on that to finish. I try not to do something that I will need to come back to at some point to rehab, change or finesse. Lately I have decided to start at the rear bumper and work forward, finishing everything as I go, like ready for paint kinda finishing. I will leave it in epoxy primer when done and drive it that way to make sure all the bugs are ironed out before a final paint job.all bodywork will be done so when paint time comes it will be less of an ordeal. I find lately that's what works for me to keep a forward motion going. There is too much going on these days to say I will do an hour a day so I try to keep the jobs manageable and not have a huge array of parts laying around disassembled. I pick a job and follow through till finished then start another job and do the same.
I might change it up if I decide to install A/C down the road, but aside from cleaning it up and painting it, it should be good for now.

I like that approach, just start at one end and keep working towards the other! I do sometimes end up with multiple half-finished jobs just due to inexperience.. halfway through I didn't realize that I needed to order new bushings/bits/seals/etc and then I'm waiting for parts, so I start something else while I'm waiting...and that has its own considerations, so then I need parts, or I realize I cant finish that until I do something else too...I'm trying to break out of that, do my research, order parts, and don't start until I can finish.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote