View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 12:40 PM   #22
Freaky1

Re: My wife calls it Mater

Given that I am on a budget, sort of, I had planned on going with the stock ride height & adding Air Ride down the road. But since I've got everything apart now, I'm feeling like some "adjustment" is in order. I've been looking around the forum & I'd like to add some rake to it.

At this point the only thing I've spent money on that I wouldn't use is a set of new rear stock height springs.

I'm thinking about going with a 4 1/2" drop in front, with a combination of drop spindles & shorter springs. Now for the part that I'm somewhat unsure of...rear drop. I've read of people going with just 3" drop springs in the back & in my head that sounds right.

I am amazed that, in posts about "showing your ride height", most people post pics of their truck at an angle, or on a sloped road, or in a way that give you no realistic view of what the ride height looks like. I have found a few with 4 1/2" front & 4" rear that look like they sit pretty level. I'm looking for some rake so that is why I'm thinking 3" drop springs would be "right".

Can some of you post some pics of you truck height with the front & rear height? Also, I think with the spindles & springs there isn't much else I'd need to change. Are there other parts I'll need to change in addition to the springs & spindles? Like shocks, or lower sway bar mounts, or ??