View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 02:54 AM   #4
dsraven

Re: Dynacorn International body replacement panels

I have used dynacorn and other brands. usually a little tweaking required. my dynacorn bbw panel is a little different from side to side in the window opening size. I may have to get the glass ground to make it fit properly. my cab corners were from goodmark I think. they were also a little different side to side for fitment. all things being equal though, that could simply be the truck body was not made symmetrically. it wasn't like building a space shuttle back then, trucks were work horses, doors were to keep "most" of the weather out, gaps and wind whistles were expected. they weren't luxury.
I guess order up what you can afford and hope for the best. some fitment will likely be involved but if you can weld the panel in then I guess fitment won't be that hard if you end up needing to pie cut or cut a slit to make the panel work. I advise to take pics and dimensions before cutting the old stuff out, clean both sides of the metal to bare steel to avoid drawing in contaminants from the back side as you weld. tack the new panel in and test fit the door closing etc. when it's good then start the rest of the tacking procedure and always leave time for the welds to cool off before going on. planish as you go to eliminate as much shrinkage as possible in the heat affected zone. it's good to have a couple of things going on when you weld panels in, that second job going on in the back ground will suck up some time and that will allow the welds to cool off. taking your time welding will save you time in finishing later.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote