View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #160
Ackattack

Re: Project Family Chummins

The other night I got the headliner installed and started cleaning some of the interior pieces. Generally speaking, this trucks interior was NASTY. A lot of stuff had been spilt on everything over the years. I also popped the "new" guage cluster into place as well as the stereo (I'll upgrade down the road, but this will work for now). I also got the overhead console installed for now (I need to run a few wires up there for the new homelink switches)

Today I got some parts, so I was able to run the fuel lines from the tank up to the engine. I'm using 3/8" and 5/16" aluminum lines with short pieces of rubber hose to connect the tank and engine.

So then, that allowed me to finally put the bed on and open up my garage floor space!

Now it feels like its getting close!

When I set the bed on, I hadn't cut the rear of the frame down yet.

I cut off about 6" or so. I'll have to go back and drill holes for the bumper and hitch to mount to.

I also started on the modified down pipe. Basically I cut up the stock one and added a 90. However, it still needs some work, but I'm going to wait until I get the tranny in so that I know what angle the engine and exhaust needs to be at.

I started working on the front axle brake line and ended up breaking the 3/16 double flare die. I also realized I had cut the front drivers side brake hose as well. Went to the parts store and got a new hose and a new double flare kit and what do you know, the 3/16" die in the new kit was broken too. So I didn't get that job done tonight.

While I was at the parts store I picked up new tailgate cables and installed the tailgate, got front door roll pins and got those installed, plastic inserts to hold the back carpet in place. I also installed the taillights in the bed. While I was installing them I noticed the passenger side connector had been damaged and two of the wires were broken. One was maybe 1/2" from the connector, so not much wire to work with. So I broke out the soldering iron and fixed that real quick and got the tail lights in. After that I did some more cleaning of interior parts.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote