Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
oldpurple

New here

Hey guys, i found this board a few days ago and decided to sign up!

A little background info: I'm 17, very mechanically inclined, and basically all i think about is vehicles. I love working on them, mechanical work, body work, and anything else.

I found my way here because my grandma has a 1969 GMC that was my grandpas. My grampa bought the truck brand new, and it was the first and only vehicle he bought new. The truck is loaded with memories, and it needs to be brought back to life. My grampa passed away a few years ago, and i know my grandma would be so happy to atleast see the truck driving again.

It has been parked since the early 90's, and its time to ressurect it. After my grampa died, and the town found out, people have asked to buy it. Some have even stolen parts off of it (a visor, and a few other things that i cannot remember) and they even stole a whole fender off an old 50's chev that my grampa was only using for parts for a 1953 chev.

The truck is purple, and quite rusty. I'll be sure to be using this board for resources when it comes time to bring it back to life. Not really sure where to start on it. Like how to go about starting it after its been sitting so long, and things like that.

This board looks like its full of mounds of info, and i hope to make use of it!

- Devin
oldpurple is offline   Reply With Quote