View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
CRGRS 66

Re: CRGRS 66 – Winter Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Go Craig, Go!!!!!

Sounds like you've got a great game plan. I'd get the hockey teams involved in the teardown and clean-up. Just tell them it's a "Character Building" exercise to promote teamwork.
Thanks restoguy, probably not a good idea to invite 13 year old boys over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
First of all I’m one of the many fans that think your truck is one of the nicest on the forum. Sounds like you have a great plan. Looking forward to seeing the improvements in the spring!
Thanks Mark, so far all I can take credit for is finding it, and wheels and tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
That is a VERY nice truck. What a great find. Good luck with your winter project.
Thanks pdx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Awesome start you have there CRGRS !!
After this past year of you posting on my build, it will be fun to return in kind !!

Hope your garage has a good heater !!
Thanks McMurph! I look forward to the banter. May not need a heater the way winters have been here lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulter View Post
nice man cant wait to see how that turns out!!
Thanks coulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63sbssbbw View Post
Awesome starting point Craig!
The black with the white just oozes class..."bowtie" comes to mind(pun intended)
In pic #2,is that a keyhole in the trim line below the fuel fill ??
Don't forget about the increased space you'll need to go with HEI.
I'm really looking forward to following your progress this winter.
Trent
Thanks 63ssb.. Maybe I should have named my thread "black tie affair". The "gadget" between the trim pieces to the rear of the driver door must have been used as a theft deterrent. It is an old keyed switch like you would find on a vending machine. It has two wire leads coming out of the back of it, they are currently just hanging there. Hey, I need more space for HEI? What you mean mang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
what a great find... that thing is drop-dead...
i like your plan, its very achieveable.
Thanks Clemdaddy, I do love to stare at it. I am not a welder, so most of what I will be doing will be bolt on.

To all, I have been debating as to whether to keep the factory colour scheme, you guys just made up my mind. I have to say that Chevy got this one right on the colour combo!

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709

Last edited by CRGRS 66; 10-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote