View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #741
AnotherWs6

Re: 70 Blazer Frame Off

Just finished the thread, one of the best I have read anywhere. It was like reading a good story - which is what it really is right? As I was reading I was struck with this negative kind of feeling quite a few times. It was sort of wishing, disappointed, guilty feeling. Hard to describe, but it comes from the fact that my truck is nowhere near that nice and I know it never will be. Not jealousy. Like "if you worked a little harder you could......."

But then I saw your comment about it not being fair to wives, kids, etc. That hits home. You are absolutely right. These crazy kind of clean, perfect cars are OUR passion. "Our" being the owners of such things. WE are the ones who put all of the time, money, care worrying, research into them. Because it is OUR passion. Expecting your family members to have the same protective sense for the car can suck all of the joy out of owing it and using it with your family. You're stressed, possibly angry. They're nervous and trying not to do anything. I can see all of these things potentially happening. So I feel good about owning something that I am not super anal about. I took the family (wife and 2 year old daughter) out this past weekend for the second time in my truck. I let my daughter stand on the front seat. I let her try to find the ignition hole with the key. And it feels good to be in something fun where nobody is super paranoid about it. I had not thought about that or how important it is. I already have another vehicle that no one is allowed to look at. (Not literally) So is my truck perfect? Nope. And I don't want it to be!! But it sure was fun watching you make yours so.
2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon Sport - Wife's DD and the only classy car we have.
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote