Thread: First day
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 06:39 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: First day

Yeah, it's not what we think of as spring, but the weather we've had for a month wasn't we we think of as winter either. Our average temps so far this month only saw one normal day with the rest 10-20+* above average. Just the other day it got to 80*. The wind is whipping it up pretty good today, and that's what we expect from March. It's the month of transition where winter systems and spring systems trade off and as they pass each other they get into a tussle. All winter we get wind coming from one direction or the other. Here in Maryland we get Alberta clippers from the northwest, which is the dominant direction for winter, or air drifting up from the Gulf of Mexico bring warmer moist air. When they mix we get the big snows they call Nor' Easters. In March the wind blows in every direction all at once, very turbulent. It even blows up. What we have now is two back to back cold fronts and after the early spring weather, the temps dropping to a bit belopw average, combined with the strong wind, we are freezing our butts off!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote