View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 02:41 AM   #4377
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

So Friday my day was filled with meetings and web based work from 09.00 to 17.00

I had ordered two tons of sharp sand, 6 x 25kg bags of cement, 4 x Maxi bags of 20mm Shingle and a pallet of 100mm dense concrete building blocks

My biggest concern was managing the delivery, as I wanted to get the bags put on pallets so that I could move them down to the bottom of the garden from the sidewalk where the delivery lands.

At 08.15 the hijab truck stopped outside in the street.

By 08.30 he drove off, having delivered.

Mickey helped me with a wooden pallet rested on some 100mm beams for the building blocks as they do not come on a pallet......

Nd I really did not want to have to wheel them all down little by little on the wheelbarrow.

Bloody heavy at over a ton, pulling uphill on the drive out front.

My £5.00 pallet truck bought years ago as the scrap recyclers, came in bloody handy.

All pulled through to the back of the house.

Next move would be downhill, to the garage where they would be used.

During lunchtime, between webconferences I got the precarious loads up on the pallet truck and carefully got them down the slope to the garage.

I was pooping myself that the loads would end up off the concrete strips and spread on the lawn.

After doing the bags of sand lith cement and stone on top, on my own, the blocks bottomed out and I needed to call Mickey over to help me shove and guide the blocks down the path.

Dece[timely heavy and too heavy as loaded.

And all done.

Weekend ahead will be garden, yard work and a lot of preparation for making foundations, and also relaying a meter of paving.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote