View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #61
Hart_Rod

Re: DBW pedal mounting bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
Rob - That is strange. My truck is an original 71 swb built in California and spent its life in Arizona. Did the 71 & 72 year trucks have nuts welded on the outside of the firewall, in order to bolt the original throttle bracket assembly to, from inside the cab? Mine is set up like that. This is my first 71, so I am not familiar with it. I have a 69 & 70 to, but their pedal assemblies were different. I'm just wondering because the only thing I could think of is unless someone changed it. It doesn't appear to be the case because when I took it all apart, everything appeared to be original.

I appreciate your consideration in allowing me to return the bracket. I will let you know if I'm able to use it or not. I want to smooth my firewall anyway, so I would be looking for a different way to attach the bracket. Thanks.
That's really crazy Dan. As far as I know, all of the years of trucks, 67-72, had the nutserts welded in that pattern on the outside of the firewall. I've had people with all of those years use this bracket, so I'm at a loss. If your truck was a 72, I would say maybe they ran out of 72 brackets and started using the 73's . Who knows. Just let me know what you want to do, and my apologies for the aggravation.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote