View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #9
Big John Sny

Re: 700R4 back to a 3 speed

Yeah, the 700R4 is going to my sons vette. He has one that has been gone through twice that they can’t find the issue with. Has the highly recommended trans guy from his shop stumped at the moment. Can’t find why it keeps burning up clutches. Maybe some crack opening up in the case under load or temp possibly. Feeling like taking my “known good” trans takes care of his issue without cutting up his 85 vette. Although, I think he would prefer going standard in it. The T56 swap would be best for his, but he was toying with swapping in a T5.
The thinking was, my swap is so bad in the truck, he could take my trans, not cut up anything in his car at the moment (maybe later when the right T56 deal comes up) and get a trans that has less mystery to it. Personally, standards have always been more “long term” reliable in all of my vehicles.

2200 rpm sounds nice. Using the truck to transport my race bike down to Houston and back to Dallas several times a year it would help with both fuel economy and sound levels. I am not racing anyone at the moment. Currently my speedo reads 100 mph while I am going 65. I think it is closer to 48 or so when the truck says 65 and sounds pretty nice from an engine rpm standpoint. I am assuming the 80’s drivetrain he pulled to stuff in this truck had 3:55’s and approximately the same wheel/ tire size.
Posted via Mobile Device
Big John Sny is offline   Reply With Quote