View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #1
NeoJuice

1952 Project 1433

Hello Everyone.

I've been a long time lerker here as everyone else starts out. So I decided to start my own build thread to help me along the way with questions and answers I might need from this awesome truck community.

I know there are a couple Edmonton & Alberta guys on the forum which would be cool to connect with. Off the top of my head is "84blaze","Thesilverfox" &
"Dave836"

I purchased the truck on Nov 5, 2016 from a local guy who was working on this truck for what he said was 10 years and just lost interest in building it. I
paid $8000 for the truck which I thought was a fair deal. I'm going to try and keep it a budget build around $10-12K if possible. All I want from this truck
is something cool for cruising around in on nice summer days and to tinker with in the garage.

It was kind of an odd time to be purchasing a truck. We are in the process of building a new house with a 24x24 garage and also on one side it has a tandem. So basically a three car garage which will give me plenty of room for working on the truck. The new house wont be ready until December or January so the truck is sitting in storage until we move into the new house. My wife didn't want it sitting in our existing two car garage as we are trying to sell our existing house. So its currently under a truck cover(came with truck) under partially covered storage until Jan or Feb when I can get it out.

Here are the specs of the truck.

Engine: Fresh rebuilt chevrolet 350 with .030" bore over and mild cam. Has a 700r4 corvette servo, Stage 2 shift kit, Beast sun shell 3000 Stall converter &
B&M Unimatic Shifter.

Body: 1953 Chevrolet 1 ton model 1433 sitting on a original 1/2 ton sand blasted and painted frame. The cab has no rust or rot and a solid floor with no
holes (except factory floor holes) with some really nice exterior patina. It has a nicely matched patina GMC box on it & Auto Meter Gauges inside the truck.

Suspension: Total Cost Involved Coil-Spring Mustang II front suspension in the front w/manual steering rack with a underfloor mounted break booster. A Total Cost Involved Parabolic Leaf Spring Rear Suspension in the rear. The seller said it has a 77 Trans AM posi rear end with disk breaks but I'm pretty sure it's a 79(Still trying to find more details on that once i get the truck in it's new home).

This is a rough mental checklist I'm creating before I can actually get it into my new garage and see what else it needs.

-Install TCI front sway bar.
-Install Drive Shaft (previous owner is finding me one)
-Install other drivers side rear shock (I have it)
-Rear disk break parts on Trans Am Posi Rear End(calipers/pads/rotors etc etc)
-Rear break lines run to master cylinder.
-Front break hoses/lines.
-Parking break cables (hope to connect to floor OEM pedal in cab)
-Minor wiring (headlight, alternator, electric fan)
-Proper floor mount & hook up steering linkage & column. (Still have to figure this out, might change it out for an ididit column, I also have multiple
universal joints and rods for the steering that came with the truck).
-Find original bench seat & frame if possible
-Purchase Fuel gauge and wire it up to behind seat tank.
-Install Seat belts
-Cut larger hole in floor for break pedal.
-Remove & sell the Tri-Power setup w/braided gas lines & fuel log
-Sell the additional Holley manifold and edelbrock carburetor which came with the truck for a more reliable 350 manifold and new carburetor. (might just
a rebuild kit for the edelbrok not sure yet)
-Exhaust system
-Swap out painted grill for original chrome rusted patina grill. Possibly sell the grill that's currently installed in the truck
-Sell additional front bumper splash apron.
-Get Chevrolet tailgate and sell GMC tailgate(possibly)
-Get a proper Gas pedal and linkage to Carb.
-Sell the rims & tires to get something a little better. Tires are apparently brand new.

So here are the pictures. I'm dying because I want to start work on it but I have to wait until the new year. I'm probably going to have tons of questions
during this build so I hope it can also help others out as well. Also there might be a bit of delay in posts since I'm not starting on this project until the new year.

Thank you for reading my post.

NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote