View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #111
greguw

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban ... Cummins Powered

Had the Flu last week , so it was a slow week for being productive . M managed to fine tune the exhaust and hangers . I used the standard big truck hangers ... they look like the regular hangers just a little more beef to them .
So I opted to mount them on studs that I also cut thick rubber washers out of coolant hose ... I used locking nuts to adjust the tension on the hangers . If you have the to tight the viberation will transfer threw the body and it just really sucks , I went thrru it with other diesels I put exhaust with .
I also added a 4 inch stainless tip ... Blacked out the exhaust , looks pretty good and sounds great , not much viberation transfer at all .
I was able to drive it a few feet back and forth in my shop ... clutch feels great , steers and stops ... and no major leaks , I was really concerned with the rear main seal ... its nice and dry .
I bought a over flow bottle from ebay and it was junk , I ended up plastic welding up my old one and that seems to be holding up nice , shes all toped off with coolant ... took over 5 gallons ... no leaks .
The final engine component I need to fab up is the air filter , I'll be dealing with a small space ... I new this was going to be a custom fit ... I might be able to squeeze one of the Big Honking Air filter with a tight elbow coupling .
Next week I will hit the electrical also .
Heres a few pics ... done for the day .
Attached Images

Last edited by greguw; 06-19-2011 at 02:04 PM.
greguw is offline   Reply With Quote