View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #46
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Original Bucket seats installation????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 View Post
Original Poster- I am sorry for straying away from your intended thread. You did a wonderful job with your brackets, and your work looks really clean and has a factory type quality. Trevor
No sweat Trevor, that's what this board is all about. i.e. I try to learn at least a few new things every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
We looked at that at work last night as well and came to the same conclusion. The factory single piece design can only be produced by stamping out the part. Not easy to duplicate with typical small shop sheet metal fabrication tools.

We could make it in several pieces and weld it together but a used part from a Blazer would be less expensive.

We are looking into an alternate method of bracing the front seat mount points. What we have in mind would be quick & easy with inexpensive materials that could be installed by anybody who can install a rocker panel.
I had the same thoughts about fabbing that bracket out of multiple pieces. Honestly I think it will be plenty strong the way I did it. One thing that's kinda strange, the bench seat truck can get almost double the weight on a smaller area of contact. I have seen many of these trucks with a bench seat haul four people including my 70.

Last edited by mcbassin; 03-29-2012 at 11:52 PM.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote