View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
toddoky

Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Hey folks. I just signed up here as a user last week for two specific reasons, one of which is to support my own squarebody addiction (I've owned 3 and currently am working on a 79 C20 project)and the other is to build a thread to provide information about the new Hooker LS swap system of components for these same trucks. I want tell you up front that I'm the design engineer at Holley who's responsible for developing all of the Hooker LS swap components, which will explain why I will only be sharing technical, operational, compatibility and fitment information here...I'm not very good at selling things, so I stay clear of that segment of the business.

I've been sharing the same information and pics you'll see me post here on another popular LS enthusiast website for quite a few months regarding this set-up and noticed that it was not trickling over here for the collective benefit of the members here, so I did some prodding within Holley management and convinced them sign-up as a sponsor here so that I could have the freedom to share information freely with anyone who is interested in reading or asking about it.

I think that's a good start to the introduction, so let me get the meat and potatoes listed for you that will give the basis for formatting questions and comments that you may want shared with other members here.

The direction behind the design of this Hooker LS swap system of parts was the same as it has been for all of the Hooker LS swap systems that have come out over the last 3 years, which is to say that every component is designed with the knowledge of how in would affect the fitment and function of every other part in the system.

An example of this would be the necessity of the transmission crossmember to have the highest exhaust passage clearance available in order for the headers and exhaust systems to be able to provide the best available off the shelf ground clearance under the truck.

I'm feel I'm getting a little too wordy, so here's what's available and some overall photos that show the components installed:

1. Specific factory clamshell style engine mounting bracket kit.
2. 1-3/4" and 1-7/8" long tube headers- in mild steel and stainless steel
3. Cast iron LS exhaust manifolds with available exhaust system adapters
4. Transmission crossmember compatible for installation of a 4l60-4L70,TH400 ,2004R, 4L80-4L85, T56 or T56 Magnum transmission in your truck
5. 2.5" and 3" stainless steel exhaust systems with rear exit or side exit tips

Remember that all the above components are bolt-in installable with one another in your driveway.
And the photos to come...
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by N2TRUX; 12-31-2015 at 10:55 AM.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote