View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #141
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Been making my way through the little things, which of course is a long list, even on this non frame off redo...

Finished the rear ride height sensor install, something I kept putting off for no good reason. I also took the fresh air vents apart, replaced the foam on one of them, then cleaned and sealed everything with some satin clear. Forgot pics, will update tonight..

I also finished the repair work on the dash, it's ready for final primer,

Then I figured I would go ahead and tackle the console now while I had all the cleaning and paint supply handy. Here is what I started with.

Holy crap was it filthy! I can't say enough about the Key Parts De-greaser I purchased awhile back, that along with a green scotchbrite make fairly quick work of the mess.
I finished the night with the lid and mid section in primer.. We are having a fairly stout wind and rain storm passing over this week, and I lost power for a few minutes, took that as a sign to turn in and get some sleep..

Oh, almost forgot, I dug into my secret stash bins and pulled out some dashes.. Figured I would go ahead and put together a Tach, Vac, Speedwarning cluster with a Choke Delete!... Should look pretty nice for this old girl. That i'll do this weekend while watching the WSU Cougs play..
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote