View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 11:49 PM   #245
LEEVON

Re: FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

In my '50 chevy I have FiTech and a bone stock cab fuel tank. I returned the line from a corvette filter regulator on the frame back to the stock tank by using the sending unit. The tank is bottom-feed, so I bought a sending unit that has a feed tube, and made a hard line into the cab and right into the sending unit and into the tank. The same could be accomplished by brazing or even a bulkhead fitting in a 67-72 tank sending unit and you wouldn't need a bottom-feed line. Or, get a new tank, weld a bung in the bottom and feed the fuel from there, using the stock sending unit feed line as a return. Not too much money into it that way. I also created a tank vent for pressure and vacuum in the filler neck, down to a filter (for vapor) inside the frame after finding out from three vented caps that none of them could move enough air volume. Yeah, they don't like to be run out of fuel, but neither does a carb...same deal, when you're out your out (found out the hard way already).

Last edited by LEEVON; 02-03-2017 at 11:56 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote