View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #477
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Saw these 18” VW wheels as well online last night, for sale at £175.00
Add in tyres and fitting and it’s a fair chunk.....

But I do like them too.

Not that common

Woke this morning and fed the cat at 05.30 then snoozed, OK, not really, laid reading forums.

Later Sally made a cuppa and then I had to go look at the car, you know, just to see if it was still there.

Yup, still there, and made me smile, exactly like Prozac and my C10 did and continues to do.

Pretty tidy car I thought.

Took a walk around, getting more of a feel for its failings, and it has some.

Loved these “fixes” as terrible as they are.
Mirrors locked in position out front too.

No idea why all the gloopy bathroom silicone but plan is to dismantle and investigate, unless I can find exact replacements very cheaply.

Passenger side.

Drivers side.

Sally brought her big machine from the loft too last night.

This girl has been absolutely amazing and a star through all of this, challenging me as to the need for a new car, but also ferrying me over to fetch the Galaxy yesterday, then climbing in today helping me with cleaning it etc.

The seats and armrests out front are kinda grubby and need a valet or scrubbing.

Door panels need some refitting and hopefully it will look better after I sort them.

Right now.......

Rubbish.

Passenger side even worse.

Was chatting to Dennis in St Louis, his son married Hanna yesterday and it seems it was a very large, very successful day.

Never seen the man looking so smart, remember, he does not even go to this level for a funeral.

Also chatting with Andy in Tulsa Oklahoma about how good and bad the car is.
The 16” tyres are almost new too, another bonus.

Adds to the feeling that this is a decent buy.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote