View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 03:52 PM   #6
Toro

Re: No top since '83, any suggestions what to try and line up first?

Thanks lks, I put the shims back where they were at position #1 when I installed new mounts. Everything pulled down at position #2 when I tightened the mounts. In fact, I posted a specific question about how tight to install the mounts here: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=816340

I posted some pictures in that post, hopefully they are correct.

With the mounts in, the top is a lot closer. It probably needs to go about 1/4" or a tad more to be lined up. I think I can get there by loosening and re-aligning the exposed metal mounts that attach to the middle of the windshield frame. Those metal mounts have slotted opening the screws go through that will accommodate so wiggle room. However, I can budge the Phillips head screws that are holding them to the top. I also discovered both captive nuts in the top for sun visor mounts are spinning. Once I get those fixed and the middle mounts loose, hopefully everything on the windshield frame will line up and I can get some bolts started, and then see what the back looks like. I really appreciate all of the info and assistance.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote