View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
May70

Project: Montezuma

Figured I would go ahead and start one of these.

1970 c20 292 4 spd granny w leafs & overload

Came from an Iowa farm, 2800 miles round trip back to VA. Pulled out my friends 73 MGM brought back my truck with the 1990 c1500 350 absolutely no trouble.

Brought home a bed today so I guess its getting close to....serious....

Bed has rust through all down it and its a wood bottom. Grabbed the bed in pics at a decent price locally so figured id jump on it. I wanted a metal bed anyway because I would never want to mess up the pretty wood....

Hood is great, fenders have a little rust out on bottom corners but I have a really good drivers side spare and I can order both corners for passenger side. Cab is pretty good, it needs all new support braces and some attention to a small spot in the floor. It had rockers and corners put in it but I need to see how bad the job was once I start digging...

It had a 292 but come to find out it needs 40 over bore and full head job ~2k worth of work from machine shop. I think the plan now is to get a sbc and drop it in.

Other than that vintage air, power steering and maybe power breaks are in the plans. Front disks hopefully, but not sure how the availability will be with 8 lug hubs. Still need info on that one but may consider converting over to 5/6 lug all around but not too keen on that one.

Long road ahead but my friend will be out here on orders for 4 months and wants to help me with the work. Hes a body guy, done a few cars. Looking forward to it.
Attached Images

May70 is offline   Reply With Quote