View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
RockTonka

1958 Apache 38 Dually Dump Project

I've been around here for a bit with a build for my son, but never got around to creating a personal log-in until now.
While searching for parts for my son's build (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ight=*dirtrod*), we stumbled across this 58 dually and just couldn't get it out of our minds.
We found this in a field where it had been sitting for about 10 years unmolested. The more we dug around in it, the more we liked it. Supposedly, it had been "freshened up" with a bit of bodywork and paint and had the dump flatbed installed right before being parked with perhaps questionable clutch issues.
The previous owner had driven it around for a month or so after having the work done and really couldn't remember why he parked it...and there it sat until we started fooling with it.
The old guy was set on getting what he had paid for it in the late 90's and not a penny less, which was a bit more than we thought it was worth. We couldn't justify what he was asking without having a better feel for its mechanical condition, but he was really cool about letting my boy and I tinker with it in our spare time in his field.
This is how it looked initially...
Attached Images

RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote