View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
RockTonka

Re: 1958 Apache 38 Dually Dump Project

It was difficult to find time to work on this truck with everything else going on, but it was always on our minds and we were able to find a couple hours here and there to work on it together over the last year or so.
The carb and valve cover had been open to the elements for a while and were the most obvious issues initially. We pulled the valve cover first and were kinda surprised to find it all relatively clean...the carb, not so much. We pulled the carb and brought it home to rebuild. On another visit, we pulled plugs and squirted a bit of diesel down each cylinder, drained the oil, and found that the master cylinder (no brakes) and radiator were dry.
Went back another time and were able to get the motor to turn over...encouraging, at least it wasn't locked up from sitting.
It sat like that for a couple months with us having a rebuilt carb at the house but not being able to find time to go out and work on it.
Fast forward to Father's Day weekend...my son and daughter come in together wanting me to look at a "flat tire" on her truck. I head out to find this...
Attached Images

RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote