Thread: 47-55.1 *Steering Wheel Centering*
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #3
Zippi

Re: *Steering Wheel Centering*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
you do not remove the metal piece by prying, you push it down and remove a c clip, and if that sounds hard then you should be relieved to know that removing it will not center your steering wheel. that horn button pass through will not ever be placed in a different position.

to center the wheel, you have to adjust the tie rods. if your steering wheel is pointing left, you need to adjust BOTH tie rods an equal amount to the LEFT (think of it this way, if your steering wheel is pointing left and the truck is going straight, if you turn and hold the steering wheel straight the truck will turn right, so you adjust the tie rods equally to turn more left). adjusting both tie rods equally will not impact the centering ability of the truck when you let go of the wheel, only the centering of the steering wheel itself.

incidentally, if you push down on the grey piece and turn it counter clockwise, it will come right out. but again, thaat wont help you. that metal plate is there to protect the ignition lock from being broken and the truck being easily stolen.
Understood. I was thinking once the C clip and plate is removed I could just remove the plastic piece that holds the horn spring And then replace the metal plate. This way I could center my steering wheel. Is that not possible ?

Last edited by Zippi; 11-16-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Zippi is offline   Reply With Quote