Thread: 47-55.1 *Steering Wheel Centering*
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #5
Zippi

Re: *Steering Wheel Centering*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
nope. because your turn signal cam is part of all of it, and you will end up canceling a left turn almost immediately and maybe never cancelling a right turn. which now that I think about it, may be an existing problem you have now.

edit: it may sound harder to adjust the tie rods, but compared to what you are doing, and losing the horn button, its actually much much easier. loosen the tie rod adjuster bolts, use channel locks, adjust both sides the same amount ( I go in half turns of the adjuster until I understand how much its moving) and then drive a bit to check (after tightening the adjusters). you will probably have more time and swearing in just removing that plate, they are really a pain to get off.

alternatively, depending on the steering box you are using, you MIGHT have a 30 spline on the steering box and you could pull the rag joint/u joint off at the box, turn it slightly, and put it back on. if its a stock AD steering box though, forget I mentioned it.
Ok......there's more than one way to skin a cat. So...if the plastic plate is needed for the turn signals what if I pulled the plastic plate out, trimmed off the tower that holds the horn spring and then replaced the plastic piece.
Zippi is offline   Reply With Quote