View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 04:55 PM   #84
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 1965 Lincoln, need I say more?

That picture of the steering box brings back bad but funny (now) memories for me. I was fresh out of high school and had just landed my 1st job at a sign shop. Boss had a LN8000 Ford with a crane mounted on it that had a leaking seal around the shaft. He bought a rebuild kit for it and had me pull the box off the truck. He told me to take it apart and change the seals. The kit he bought was a complete overhaul kit but since I knew nothing about that kind of stuff at the time I just replaced the 2 outer shaft seals and put it all back on the truck. He came back and saw all of the new parts left over and flew hot bc I did not use them all ( the kit was less than $100 back in 88) He made me pull it back apart to put them all in after I told him I had no clue what I was doing. When I pulled one of the inner plates off it was spring loaded and it shot all of the roller bearings all over the floor. There was no drawings for anything and the amount of bearings did not match the amount of holes so I just dropped them back in clockwise until i ran out. Took it out for a test drive and could not get back to the shop fast enough. a 1/4 turn of the steering wheel would almost take it to lock. Ended up costing him about 900 extra for them few extra seals. He listened to me better after that lol
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote