View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
mr48chev

Re: Mustang II IFS Ride Quality VS S10 Swap

J S I just bought a Dakota donor for 200 this past weekend because I am impressed with the Industrial Chassis Dakota crossmember and the simple fact that I would end up spending more than I had planned to put the Jag XJS front suspension in as it is missing too many pieces.
200.00 donor that should end up with enough left overs sold so that It also pays for most of the Industrial Chassis crossmember.
Dang truck has the puniest little rear axle you can imagine though.

I'm on record as not being a fan of frame swap trucks as they usually scream "CHEAP BUILD" there are some nice ones but the majority of guys who do S-10 swaps do it because they think it is cheap and quick and prospective buyers view the trucks as cheap trucks compared to trucks with stock frames and suspension changes. Some will argue but generally when a guy thinks S-10 swap he thinks getting out cheap.

My other and main reasoning for sticking with the stock frame with suspension mods is that I don't have to fight with sheet metal alignment nor have to hack up the front end sheet metal to clear and S-10 or subframe suspension. Everything fits pretty well without a lot of bang the head on the wall issues.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote