Thread: 55 210 Remodel.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 09:28 PM   #22
BAM55

Re: 55 210 Remodel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Bam,
Some questions. I hope you don't mind and I am NOT being critical at all, just gathering info:

- Wouldn't a Flat-out crossmember welded to a stock '55 210 frame give you the same track width as long as you could fit a non-Corvette R&P? The stock frame rails would obviously be the same width as they were. Are the size of Vette A arms the things that "prevent" you using a selection of wheels? Would more narrow A arms have accomplished the same thing?

The photo of the stock cut off does look clunky compared to your homemade clip so I totally get it if that's why you did it.

What was the purpose of the "little jig"?

Why not use the water pump and other parts that came from the Escalade instead of swiping out to '02 Camaro? Was it for cosmetics or for fit?
Can't wait to see how this comes together. Best, Dan
You're not critical, it seems to be questions and thats how I'm going to respond like you had questions.

By the way, I don't trip if people are being critical or not, because you can't please every one and every body seems to have an opinion that they think they need to share.lol But as far as me, I gonna always do me and keep it pushing.

First you can not weld the flat out cross member to the 55 210 frame because you need straight frame rails like a truck to weld the Flatout kit to it because of the clunkiness that you alluded to. All IFS for the Trifive cars come in a clip form where you cut off the clunky section and weld in a clip. I simply made my flat out kit a clip.

As far as width of the front clip. Yes the a arms are long on the vette suspension. In my opinion it was much easier to take out the 2 inches and get a 2 inch shorter rack with the pivot points that match the lower a arms than to buy a new rack and upper and lower arms that would get expensive.. The reason I bought the vette parts was because of it came with everything needed. It would defeat the purpose expense wise.

The little jig was for knowing where to locate the radiator support

I used the camaro water pump because I'm using the LS6 intake manifold. The truck water pump takes up too much space to use the LS6 intake. The camaro water pump you have to use 3/4 spacers to line everything up with the pully. Also to use the truck alternator and power steering bracket with the LS6 intake you have to shave a little bit off the inside corner of the bracket because it will hit the throttle body, but its really simple to do. I wanted a car intake in my car its as simple as that.

Last edited by BAM55; 02-24-2022 at 01:46 PM.
BAM55 is offline   Reply With Quote