GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
This oughta be good!
It oughta be, but we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972CheyenneSuper View Post
Cool build and awesome story to go along with! Spent the better part of three hours going through this. My body aches just reading about all of the sanding you did on that body, but it it turned out awesome. Subscribed for the next chapter in this.
Thanks and welcome aboard. It'll be slow progress. A few pics for now but as long as it's done by spring I'll be happy. Spring comes late up here.

For instance, today it's about 0F and I was out swapping garage doors on my one car garage. Picked this door up for $150 off craigslist. Well insulated. The door is just set in place with some nails holding it up until I get the tracks on. The heater is running in there now. That's where my 79 crewcab is waiting for it's rebuild.

Here's the new engine...

The heads are already off. I'll probably finish pulling the cam out this weekend. It's been rebuilt, .030 over pistons installed.

The parts I ordered are already here so I need to haul the heads up to Mikes place sometime soon.

I forgot this engine was missing the harmonic balancer, so I'll be ordering one of those soon.

Time to go back into the garage and finish installing that garage door.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote