View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #423
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

I guess it's time for another update. I'm really, actually, no bs-ing, closer to getting it PC'd.

I got off work yesterday & spent the day re-stripping the rails & various x-members to try & get any residual grinding gouges out so that when sand-blasted, everything has a nice, smooth finish for the PC. About 3/4 through stripping the pass side frame rail, my DA took a crap. I've done this drill before (get 6hrs non-stop work time but spend most of it chasing parts/tools) & it was frustrating so I kept it going forward....

The chassis is no longer a chassis. I had that sucker 100% apart in a little over an hour (working solo). The rails & rear end housing are still in the shop (need to finish that pass side rail) but everything else was loaded into the dually & is waiting for the trip Monday to the PC shop.

I hope to convince 'her' of the need to allow some late-night shop time tonight so I can get things loaded first thing tomorrow am.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote