View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #22
Steve Van Gent

Re: SMOG LEGAL ENGINE SWAP TO LS yesterday passed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAnthony View Post
Yeah I saw him mention the EP381 pump so I was assuming he used the stock TBI hanger/sending unit as well which had me curious about the EVAP stuff. I was planning on swapping in a newer sending unit like you mentioned since it's all self contained but besides having to modify the tank to fit the newer style sending unit (check out vette works for the adapter flange if you haven't already) you also have to modify the height of the newer assembly (NastyBuzzard showed why and how to do that part in his build thread a while back) and I wasn't sure how that would affect the fuel reading with the float not going through it's full range since that also affects how the ECM tells when to vent the purge solenoid, at least as I understand it... To be fair that might not have caused a problem at all but I didn't want to go through the trouble of making everything fit only to find out there's a problem and have to drop the tank again and figure something else out.
Yes, we had that issue, we used a Muxwiring module; it has a user adjustable look-up table that we 'tuned' the reading to match the actual level in tank. This feature can be used on the module to read any analog reading that is not normalized or linear to another input and adjust it to fit needs. pretty slick. We then used a decade resistor box to send all possible resistance values and real-time adjusted the look-up table to match requirements while watching reading on Tahoe ECM.
Steve Van Gent is offline   Reply With Quote